March Madness: Our best Big Ten posters
March Madness is upon us, and 2013 could be the Year of the Big Ten, with four teams from the conference in the top 10 nationally — No. 3 Indiana, No. 6 Michigan, No. 8 Michigan State and No. 10 Ohio State. Even Wisconsin is a dangerous team at No. 22.
And as the Big Ten tournament is going in Chicago, we at Sports Poster Warehouse are offering up our own Big Ten — our 10 best posters from the conference’s best schools.
Which Big Ten programs will advance to the Final Four this year? Now is the time to upgrade your “mancave” with a great poster or pennant for your school. Here’s 10 of our best Big Ten options for basketball fans this month. …
10. We open up with a hard-to-find gem — here’s the logo poster from the 2005 Final Four in St. Louis, which included Michigan State and Illinois. Wisconsin nearly made it three Big Ten teams that year, losing in the Elite Eight. North Carolina edged Illinois for the national title.
9. The Big Ten has so many great basketball arenas — we begin our panorama portion of the top 10 with a great picture of a Michigan State home game at the Breslin Center. This was taken in 2009, during another Final Four run for Sparty.
8. Not to be outdone, here’s a panorama shot of Indiana’s Assembly Hall. This spectacular 40-inch-wide shot was taken just last year, during Indiana’s upset of then-No. 5 Michigan State.
7. One more panorama shot — here’s Ohio State’s Value City Arena, with a great wide angle of the Buckeyes faithful taken during the 2011 season.
6. For a storied basketball history, we go back to the Hoosiers for this “Through the Years” montage of great Indiana basketball memories — Damon Bailey, Calbert Cheaney and more.
5. We don’t want to leave out Minnesota, so here’s the “Classic Goldy” logo poster, showing the “friendly but furious” gopher. Remember, they knocked off No. 1 Indiana, so be careful taking them lightly.
4. Not every household can be united when it comes to something as important as the Big Ten, and this 28-by-40-inch “House Divided” banner shows support for both Michigan and Michigan State.
3. More mascot art — here’s a Warhol-style poster for Buckeye Brutus, explaining the history of the Ohio State mascot, which goes back to 1965.
2. For sheer coolness, we like this Wisconsin logo poster — look closely at the iconic “W” and you’ll see it’s made up of the lyrics to “On Wisconsin,” one of the great college fight songs.
1. We’ll close this out with simplicity — if you’re a Hoosiers fan, all you need is the big IU flying proudly in front of the house, like with this 40-inch two-sided fabric banner.
And as an added bonus, use promotional code “MADMARCH” and we’ll give you a big 10 percent off your purchase ($15 minimum purchase). Search the site for many more great college basketball posters, from the Big Ten and more …