In part 2 of our 4 part series of the ‘Top 5 Moments In Each Sport’s History’ segment, we examine those of the NBA.
Through the 63 years of it’s existence, the NBA has been able to showcase the likes of Bill Russell, Red Auerbach, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Julius Erving, Walt Frazier, George Gervin, Pete Maravich, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and of course Michael Jordan.
These players both thrilled crowds and revolutionized the game. Their remarkable play inspired others and also served to create great memories for all of us sports fans. The staff at Sports Poster Warehouse salute some of the NBA’s greatest with our top 5 moments in NBA history.
5. First, they transformed the Final Four. Then, they revitalized the NBA! From their legendary battle in the 1979 NCAA Finals, through their countless regular-season and NBA Finals grudge matches throughout the 1980s, to their ultimate union as teammates on the Olympic Dream Team in 1992, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson define an entire era in basketball. While other stars came and went, and the supporting casts were legendary in their own right, it was “Bird vs. Magic” that captured the imagination of a generation of fans.
4. Friday, June 13, 1997. United Center, Chicago. Game 6 of the NBA Finals. Bulls lead the series 3 Games to 2, and lead the game 64-60 with 3:57 left in the third. Michael Jordan looks on, in the midst of another magnificent performance, as Dennis Rodman steps to the line. The air is thick with excitement – will the Bulls wrap it up tonight? How will it end? Will Rodman clunk another one off the rim? SNAP! The moment is captured for all-time, in glorious panoramic detail.
3. A cult hero in New York, Earl “The Pearl” Monroe was a master of the dribble – an ABA-style player in the ’70s NBA who helped razzle-dazzle the Knicks to the 1973 Championship. Along with Walt Frazier, Monroe helped form one of the most exciting backcourts in league history! Enshrined in the Hall of Fame in 1990, and named to the NBA’s 50-greatest team in 1996, there’s no forgetting the impact of The Black Jesus on basketball’s evolution.
2. One of the greatest rivalries in the history of the NBA, one of the most famous photographs in sports history! For the entire decade of the 1960s, centers Bill Russell of the Boston Celtics and Wilt Chamberlain of the Philadelphia/San Francisco Warriors and Philadelphia 76ers went head-to-head, with every meeting becoming a heavyweight tilt.
1. From the prime of his other-worldly NBA career, this amazing print features the legendary Michael Jordan in a spectacular sky-high slam-dunk moment, soaring high in the air to lay down another dagger on the opposition Orlando Magic. Printed on high-quality paper stock from the original photographic source exclusively for SportsPosterWarehouse.com, and completed with serialized NBA Properties hologram for authenticity, this print will bring back memories of Air Jordan dominance with every glance!
For these and other great vintage NBA posters, visit http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com.