Vintage NHL Posters
Hi everybody, happy January!
Mid-winter is always a time of great anticipation in the world of sports. The Super Bowl is weeks away, March Madness is just around the corner and the NHL and NBA seasons are both increasing with intensity by the day. The staff here at Sports Poster Warehouse want to take time to honor some of the most memorable moments in sports. With that said, we will honor some of the great vintage and not so vintage memories, one major sport at a time, with hockey and the NHL being first up.
5. From the 1975 Stanley Cup Semifinals, this rare, spectacular image features one of the greatest Philadelphia Flyers of all-time, the Hall of Fame superstar Bobby Clarke, helping the old Spectrum erupt in joy after scoring a goal that helped finally bury the New York Islanders in Game 7.
4. This rare, beautiful poster features the great Super Mario Lemieux circling the ice at old Chicago Stadium on June 1, 1992 with hockey’s holy grail, the Stanley Cup, after his Pittsburgh Penguins completed a sweep of the Chicago Blackhawks.
3. This spectacular poster commemorates what will go down as one of the most beloved days in the history of Buffalo sports, the 2008 Winter Classic at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Taking you back to the thrilling conclusion of the dramatic game, this poster features the signature image of the day – the Pittsburgh Penguins’ sensational Sidney Crosby breaking in on toque-capped Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller on the final breakaway of the overtime shootout, just a second away from potting the winner and celebrating victory.
2. It was one of the most emotional moments in hockey history – after 20 years of thrilling crowds, setting records and winning cups, The Great One decided it was time to move on. In the pre-game ceremony, with friends and colleagues from throughout his career on hand, and a packed house at Madison Square Garden applauding as one, Wayne Gretzky gave his next-to-final salute to the fans while in uniform.
1. It was the greatest hockey series of all-time – Canada vs. Russia, The Summit Series 1972. The greatest rivalry in hockey, played out over the month of September, four games in Canada, four in Moscow. At the end of this greatest series came the greatest goal – Paul Henderson’s game-winner with less than a minute to play. It is a legendary moment in hockey history.
For these and other great vintage sports posters, visit http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com.
Tags: bobby clarke, bobby clarke poster, greatest stanley cup moments, hockey, hockey poster, mario lemiuex, mario lemiuex poster, nhl, nhl poster, sidney crosby, sidney crosby poster, stanley cup, stanley cup moments, stanley cup playoffs, stanley cup playoffs poster, summit series, summit series poster, vintage hockey posters, vintage poster, vintage posters, wayne gretzky, wayne gretzky poster, winter classic, winter classic posterYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.